Congratulations on being a savvy business owner who understands the importance of a website design in today’s marketplace. Partner with Martinez Creative Group and our graphic design team near Chicago to achieve your web design and development goals. Consumers expect you to have a current website. After all, your competitors do. You don’t want to be overlooked when a prospective customer hits Google to research a product or service. You want to be visible and accessible to millions of Internet users anytime, day or night.
Knowing you need a website update is one thing. Knowing where to begin is another. We’re here to help you get started.
To begin, you need to know what goals you have for your website. Every business is unique and has different needs and expectations. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I plan to sell my product directly through my website?
- Do I want my website to feature a photo gallery of my product and service offerings? Are high-quality photos the key to showcasing my business?
- Do I want my website to drive traffic to my bricks-and-mortar location?
- Do I want my website to tie-in with and display my social media presence?
- Do I need to collect contact information of visitors for my email campaigns?
These questions just scratch the surface of forming your ideal website. A professional web designer/developer will help you tailor a plan to meet your specific goals.
Additionally, you’ll want to ask your prospective designers several questions, including:
- What examples of web design can you show me from your portfolio?
- What kind of maintenance do you perform for web clients?
- How easy will it be for me to update the website?
- What are typical monthly maintenance costs for websites?
- What happens if I change my mind mid-project with what I want?
- How many initial concepts can you show me, based on pricing?
Before you interview a web designer, it is essential that you know your budget. Developing websites can be a lengthy process, so knowing your budget up front can help you and your design team set realistic goals. The good news is, once your website is up and running, maintenance costs can be relatively low, depending on your needs.
Lastly, and possibly one of the most important things to note, remember the old adage – you get what you pay for. You’ve heard it before and it’s absolutely true in the case of your website. To create a professional online presence you need a designer who can:
- Oranize and showcase your content in a visually appealing, user-friendly manner
- Incorporate your existing branding for continuity across all marketing channels
- Create a site that is easy for consumers to navigate
- Built a site that keeps ease of updates and content management in mind
The bottom line is this: if you want a website that attracts visitors, generates business, improves SEO, and portrays your company in a professional, appealing manner, you need a professional website designer with a proven track record.
Ready to discuss what you need on your new website? Give us a call today to start your own Q&A.
From the Expert:
Art Director Laura Harcar weighs in on the topic:
“We love working on website redesigns. There are so many new technologies to keep up with in digital these days. It’s fun to listen to our clients’ needs and help educate them on what’s now available to best meet their business and marketing objectives.”
About Martinez Creative Group
Martinez Creative Group (MCG) is a full-service marketing communications agency providing strategic counsel, branding and integrated communications and was established in 2004. Today MCG serves a diverse range of clients on a local, regional, and national basis with integrated marketing, advertising, and design services, with projects including: graphic design, website/web design, mobile solutions including mobile sites and mobile apps, print materials including flyers, posters, and brochures, branding and identity collateral, social media marketing solutions and strategy, and more marketing and advertising projects.