When we were first approached to help with marketing for the Geneva Foundation for the Arts, we were excited to help tell their story. The arts are very near and dear to our hearts (Kris fondly remembers her many art and design classes at the U of I) and we felt supporting the arts in Geneva and our local community was an excellent fit. And what better way to tell the story of an organization dedicated to the arts than video?
Our goal was to talk with board members on camera who would tell us about the Foundation, talk with art commissioners who had the pleasure of working with the Foundation, and see the art projects the Foundation helped bring to life.
The purpose of these videos was to show viewers what the Foundation does to help support public art, and share how artists can apply for a grant through the GFA.
After our initial meeting to discuss the videos, we quickly realized we needed to build three videos: a general video about the GFA, and two videos dedicated to their two major art projects: the Prairie Girl Sculpture and the Fox Valley Jewish Neighbors’ Wall Mural.
We organized who would best represent the Foundation in the videos, along with who could speak on behalf of the two art projects. We then conducted initial phone interviews with all interviewees to discuss the project and determine a list of questions.
The challenge was to fit each video in under 3 minutes. There are a number of statistics about the effectiveness of video marketing, including:
- Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement
- Video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness compared to other forms of marketing
- Video on Twitter is 6 times as likely to be retweeted as photos
- 79% of consumers prefer watching video to reading about a product
- 64% of marketers see video as the most difficult content to create
We knew the GFA had compelling stories to share and we were up to the challenge.
Here are some interesting facts about the behind the scenes of creating the videos:
- All videos were coordinated to shoot in a single day
- Despite the final videos being less than 3 minutes each, each interview lasted between 15-20 minutes, plus setup time
- Our video team, 22 Creative Group, also filmed b-roll on-site of the interviews as well as of the final art pieces
- The editing process took approximately 2 working days
We want to know: what story do you have that would best be told through video? Who would star in your video? What topics would be discussed? The next time you’re planning an upcoming marketing campaign, consider if video marketing might be the best way to share your message.
About Martinez Creative Group
Martinez Creative Group (MCG) is a full-service marketing communications agency providing strategic counsel, branding and integrated communications and was established in 2004. Today MCG serves a diverse range of clients on a local, regional, and national basis with integrated marketing, advertising, and design services, with projects including: graphic design, website/web design, mobile solutions including mobile sites and mobile apps, print materials including flyers, posters, and brochures, branding and identity collateral, social media marketing solutions and strategy, and more marketing and advertising projects.