Industry: advertising and marketing communications
Office Manager / Administrative Assistant
Growing St. Charles, IL, ad agency in need of an Office Manager / Administrative Assistant to coordinate and direct administrative support functions for our office. The Office Manager reports directly to the President and is responsible for leading the office team, organizing daily and long-term office functions, and to provide excellent service to our clients.
We are a busy, fast-paced creative agency that thrives on variety: every day is different. The right person for this position will wear many hats and manage a wide range of responsibilities for the business, and be a key player in helping to guide our small company as we enter a growth phase in the immediate future.
About Martinez Creative Group (MCG)
If MCG was a TV show: we are Mad Men, you are Joan, and we need YOU to help keep this train moving forward at lightning speed. Unlike Mad Men, we are a smoke-free environment, your work will be appreciated, and you will not be subjected to backwards thinking, no matter your gender. You’ll be a great fit if you are creative, motivated, organized, and hard working. An active interest in advertising, public relations, and social media are a DEFINITE plus.
Essential Functions of the Office Manager:
- Client billing and tracking.
• Provide assistance with writing and proofreading client briefs, vendor contracts, presentations, and proposals, as needed.
• Coordinate weekly production meetings and keep track of all project statuses.
• Organize and support on-site events, parties, and meetings.
• Develop and coordinate online contests and events.
• Coordinate job postings and sort through resumes.
- Perform work consistent with the long-term goals of MCG.
- Ensure excellent service is provided to clients and vendors.
- Provide direction to team regarding administrative duties and goals.
- Perform work assigned by President to ensure successful day-to-day operation of the business.
• Agricultural background or experience a plus.
The Office Manager is also responsible for:
• Providing purchasing assistance as needed for new office space,
office equipment, supplies, and other office needs.
• Coordinating travel arrangements and purchasing airfare and hotel accommodations.
• Preparing and shipping materials for contests and client presentations.
• Making appointments and managing president’s schedule, as needed.
• Conducting online industry research, as needed.
- Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity as well as
positively promoting company culture.
- Ensuring that all client and vendor information is kept in strict confidence.
• Other duties as assigned by the President.
- 2-5 years of experience in an Office Manager / Administrative Assistant position.
• Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent client service attitude and skills.
- Excellent communication skills: spelling, grammar, and proper punctuation are essential.
- Professional phone manner.
- Computer proficiency: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Mac environment: Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus.
- Occasional overtime as needed.
- HS Diploma or GED with some college coursework required, 2- or 4-year degree preferred.
Please send resume, referrals, and compensation requirements to email@example.com
Part- to Full-time
Junior to Mid-Level
About Martinez Creative Group
We’re a fun group of creative professionals looking to find the next additions to our growing team. We are a busy, fast-paced, creative agency that thrives on variety. We combine strategy, design, and new media to create integrated campaigns that speak directly to our clients’ target markets. Our client base is 80% agricultural and spread throughout the country, and our work has been awarded at the national level.
For more information, please visit:
www.martinezcreativegroup.com (no phone calls, please)