Great Lakes Hybrids has launched a new interactive seed guide application, specifically for the iPad and downloadable from the iTunes Store, in order to provide valuable information and enable growers to make informed seed purchasing decisions.
“An investment in seed is one of the largest expenses a grower will make,” said Doug Little, Great Lakes Hybrids General Manager. “We wanted to give our customers all of the information they need, right at their fingertips, with the goal of helping our customers maximize the return on their seed investments and grow their business.”
The seed guide application allows growers to search for products by name, trait, or maturity, creating a personalized experience based on their individual priorities. Performance data and agronomic details can be compared and products can be viewed in a variety of stages in full-color images.
Once downloaded to the iPad, the application is fully functional even without an internet connection.
“Our goal is for this information to be available to all of our growers at all times,” said Doug Perry, Great Lakes Hybrids Marketing Manager. “We understand that our customers are in rural areas where an available Wi-Fi connection may be difficult to find. We didn’t want the lack of wireless internet access in a field or on a farm to impact the use of the tool.”
The iPad application also contains beneficial information from a number of industry suppliers providing customers with a tool that is substantially more comprehensive than a printed seed catalog. The collaboration has allowed customers to access information about the following options from Great Lakes Hybrids’ partners:
- Genuity® – Accesstrait information about available corn, soybean and alfalfa products including Roundup Ready 2 Yield®Soybeans.
- Agrisure® – Learn more about the traits that are developed to provide effective insect control and herbicide tolerance in corn products.
- Acceleron® and Poncho®/VOTiVO® – Scroll through details about how to protect your seed investment and improve yield by using leading seed treatment products offered through Great Lakes Hybrids.
- John Deere Financial and Rabo AgriFinance – Financing option information can be viewed in video format.
- Farms.com Risk Management – Market advisory and financing options are available through this application in these times of market volatility.
Great Lakes Hybrids worked closely with Martinez Creative Group of St. Charles, IL to design and develop a high-quality and user-friendly application. According to Perry, “Martinez Creative Group did an extremely thorough job of learning about our products and creating many visual features to make this application both functional and fun.”
All Great Lakes Hybrids sales teams will be sharing this exciting tool with growers and dealers this season. The app can be downloaded anytime to an iPad through the iTunes store and is free of charge. More information about Great Lakes Hybrids can be found online at www.greatlakeshybrids.com.